Keystone Rv - 2012 Outback Fading Front cap

Look at the attached pic.How embarrassing and it has Keystone's name on the front of the cap for negative advertising.

Keystone won't replace the cap because they say it is out of warranty. This is the second cap that has been replaced on the trailer. The first cap had cracks all over it. It is obviously a manufacturing defect and it won't buff out.

Many complaints on the internet about the same problem. I look at many trailers being pulled down the road. The only ones I see with fading front caps are the ones that look at least 10 years old and they don't look as bad as mine.

Feel free to call me at (806) 679-8414 and I'll tell you why I won't ever buy another Keystone product again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2012 Keystone Outback
Review category
review #617028

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 0 No 0
Had the same issue 12 Yes 12
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 01 #1221221 Malta, Illinois

Take care of y I ur stuff better you goof

Mar 22 #1131810

I bought my 2015 Keystone Laredo 229BH on May 29, 2015. The trailer was parked at my house in Ruidoso, NM until Feb 2016 when I used it for the first time. The toilet flush valve was bad the first time I put water to the trailer. The front cap started fading 3 months after I bought it. I left it at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM on March 10, 2016. Not fixed yet.

3 0 Reply

Mar 09 #1124767 Spokane, Washington

I have a 2014 OutBack I love it but noticed the front cap this year was fading. No wonder Blue Dog is avoiding my emails about this.

2 0 Reply

Jul 10 #1183573 Anchorage, Alaska

I'm having the same crab with my 2014 Outback trailer. First, I thought maybe it was just dirt, not until I try to wash it off. It's getting worse and worse every freaking day. I'm thinking about painting the front cap with a different color with my name on it instead. My wife and I talking about selling the Outback and get a different type or maybe a motor home. No more OutBack crab.

Feb 19 #1114426

Same problem here with 2013 Keystone Outback. Noticed it a couple months after the warranty was over. They pretty much told us to bad. It looks awful! Sorry but this is a horrible company. People have spent thousands of dollars on these campers only to have them look 10 years old in just a year. Unbelievable! They clearly know this was a defect and still won't make right.

3 0 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020291

We are having the same problem, looks terrible only two years old!

Jul 14, 2015 #1007433

Had the same trouble on a 2014 premiere I bought, six months after I bought it the paint faded off real bad and keystone won't cover it said my warranty is over.

Apr 04, 2015 #967823 Livonia, Michigan

I've had trailers with fiberglass front caps for years - left them out in Michigan weather all year- and never had that problem. Keystone should make it right...

8 0 Reply

Apr 03, 2015 #967332 Omaha, Nebraska

It is plastic what do you expect. You probably don't even cover it or store it indoors. Storing it indoors would keep the harsh elements from sun fading it. A good waxing a few times a year would help. To say it is a manufacturing problem 2 times is doughtful. Maybe the 1st but the 2nd?

4 12 Reply

Apr 10, 2015 #970549 Amarillo, Texas

Hey tired/Nebraska you obviously didn't read the comment. Two caps with totally different problems. Really!!!! Go look at your car with all the plastic on it and tell me if it is fading. Really!!!! Keystone is having this problem with many trailers. Really!!!!

8 3 Reply

Jun 23, 2015 #998760

It is a manufacturer defect and there are thousands of customers stuck with this problem!

4 0 Reply

Jun 30, 2015 #1001710

Dear "tired". I am not sure if you own a Keystone RV or have one that has been affected by this but my 2013 Laredo is having the same problem. I noticed it just after my 1 yr. warranty was up. What I have read and what the dealer I purchased it from told me is it's a defective clear coat that was put on and that is causing the fading and Keystone knows. Yes I agree with you on waxing it but IF YOU READ on what is causing it you will see that waxing does not stop this. And this is not my first RV that I have owned but the first that this happened too. And today I was told by Keystone customer service that "this would be considered environmental. The 1 yr. warranty has expired on your unit, therefor would not be covered". No question on whether it was ever under cover, waxed, in the shade, nothing. So do some research before you comment as this is going to be extremely costly for those of us who are out of the 1 yr. warranty. But thanks for your opinion.

2 0 Reply

Jul 20, 2015 #1009703

They told us the same thing on our 2013 Laredo. Our front end looks so bad. The front top is so faded out! And we clean and wax every 3-6 months. It just started fading within the last 9 months We also keep it under a covered storage space when not in use. We are going to have to re-paint at on our own expense and fix it. Shame on Keystone!!! We will just repaint to a white color. But we will not put Keystone's back name on there, since they can't stand behind their own brand.

Oct 07, 2015 #1044382

Maybe a class action lawsuit will provide a reality check. Great idea to paint it a different color and remove the free advertising. I'm in.

4 2

Sep 10 #1210897 Tracy, California

I bought a 2015 26.9 rear living pull trailer. Thank heavens it does not have a Fiberglas or plastic front or end cap. We use the trailer 1 to two times a month. It has been back to be repaired after every trip but one. The build quality is a joke. I even had the inside tv amplifier and connection fall out as they cut the hole to large and only one screw would hit wood. When I looked at the wiring none had been trimmed and were shorting out and blowing fuses. Just about every inside door has fallen off on our trips. The list goes on and on. The dealership finally told me to get the piece of *** out of his shop and not come back. Of course Keystone said they had no control over the dealerships. The things out of warrantee now and I am fixing things right. Last Keystone I will ever buy and I tell everyone I see about what a piece it is.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about