Keystone Rv - 2012 Outback Fading Front cap

349 of 502 Keystone Rv reviews

Look at the attached pic.How embarrassing and it has Keystone's name on the front of the cap for negative advertising.

Keystone won't replace the cap because they say it is out of warranty. This is the second cap that has been replaced on the trailer. The first cap had cracks all over it. It is obviously a manufacturing defect and it won't buff out.

Many complaints on the internet about the same problem. I look at many trailers being pulled down the road. The only ones I see with fading front caps are the ones that look at least 10 years old and they don't look as bad as mine.

Feel free to call me at (806) 679-8414 and I'll tell you why I won't ever buy another Keystone product again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$2000
Product or service
2012 Keystone Outback
Review category
Dealers
review #617028

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 0 No 0
Had the same issue 12 Yes 12
349 of 502 Keystone Rv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 17 #1242288 East Liberty, Ohio, United States

RV Buyers Beware of Keystone Trailers
December 9, 2015 ·
I am sharing Jeffery Paul's post, "Anyone that still has unresolved issues with their Keystone RV may want to contact the Indiana Attorney General at 1-800-382-5516 or 317-232-6201. You can also file a complaint online using their free mediation services www.in.gov/attorneygeneral ."
WWW.IN.GOV
LikeCommentShare

Nov 17 #1242284 East Liberty, Ohio, United States

PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT.
This is from LISA CALDERON AND COMPANY:
She says chapter 15 states some thing about talking down to people and not seeing the real issue. Its called cheap, freeloading, company... I'm not buying her story with the camper I bought from Gary, the Iraqi veteran. I really appreciated the effort he made to sell this camper to me and his service TO THE COUNTRY. I enjoyed hearing how he served with Chris Kyle.
What I don't appreciate is LISA CALDERON and Company @ KEYSTONE. I see how they won't stand behind their product while their customers and sales people will take bullets and ID's so they can sell there products.
Please resolve before it gets ugly. I can't talk to her or any of them anymore!
Can you help me get the word out about their products? This should not be able to continue. I can understand THIS HAPPENING 3 to 4 years IN THE IRAQI DESERT - but not 1 summer in the sun in Ohio. GOD BLESS Chad Cox 44 echo

Nov 17 #1242283 East Liberty, Ohio, United States

YOUR CAMPER WILL DEPRECIATE $2000.00 WHEN THIS HAPPENS. IF IT HAS HAPPENED CALL AND BUG THE *** OUT OF THEM! VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD. Lisa Calderon
Owner Relations
Ph 1-866-425-4369
Fax 1-866-273-1451
ownerrelations@keystonerv.com
Keystone RV & Dutchmen a division of Keystone

Nov 17 #1242279

IF ANY ONE WANTS TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO HONEST OWNERS PAY ATTENTION TO ME i HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM AND I HAD MINE COVERED AND IT SET OUTSIDE ONE SUMMER IN OHIO I HAVE HAD IT OVER A YEAR AND THIS IS FROM:
Lisa Calderon
Owner Relations
Ph 1-866-425-4369
Fax 1-866-273-1451
ownerrelations@keystonerv.com Keystone RV & Dutchmen a division of Keystone Mr. Cox, We have all your email and at this time the denial will stand. This has already been sent to management and respectfully denied. Thank you, Lisa Calderon E-MAIL CALL E-MAIL CALL E-MAIL SEND TO BBB SEND TO SENATORS INDIANA GOVERNMENT ECT.... THIS IS WRONG. YOUR CAMPER WILL DEPRECIATE 2000.00 BECAUSE OF THIS. TO REPAINT - GET THE WORD OUT. THEY DON'T CARE. THE GUY THAT SAID TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUFF IS FROM IN - PROBABLY ONE OF THEM.

Nov 16 #1241792 East Liberty, Ohio, United States

Same issue I haven't had it a year and it looks really bad.
They won't do anything about it. I think I will sue them.
I'm not one to sue but they are not going to keep this *** up.
Chad Cox
To the comment below-put a name on your comments when you call someone a goof. Usually the one calling names is the goof.
This is a real issue that needs addressed.

Mar 22 #1131810

I bought my 2015 Keystone Laredo 229BH on May 29, 2015. The trailer was parked at my house in Ruidoso, NM until Feb 2016 when I used it for the first time. The toilet flush valve was bad the first time I put water to the trailer. The front cap started fading 3 months after I bought it. I left it at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM on March 10, 2016. Not fixed yet.

3 0 Reply
LizzieLoo

Mar 09 #1124767 Spokane, Washington, United States

I have a 2014 OutBack I love it but noticed the front cap this year was fading. No wonder Blue Dog is avoiding my emails about this.

Ed

Jul 10 #1183573 Anchorage, Alaska, United States

I'm having the same crab with my 2014 Outback trailer. First, I thought maybe it was just dirt, not until I try to wash it off. It's getting worse and worse every freaking day. I'm thinking about painting the front cap with a different color with my name on it instead. My wife and I talking about selling the Outback and get a different type or maybe a motor home. No more OutBack crab.

Feb 19 #1114426

Same problem here with 2013 Keystone Outback. Noticed it a couple months after the warranty was over. They pretty much told us to bad. It looks awful! Sorry but this is a horrible company. People have spent thousands of dollars on these campers only to have them look 10 years old in just a year. Unbelievable! They clearly know this was a defect and still won't make right.

4 0 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020291

We are having the same problem, looks terrible only two years old!

Jul 14, 2015 #1007433

Had the same trouble on a 2014 premiere I bought, six months after I bought it the paint faded off real bad and keystone won't cover it said my warranty is over.

Billb800si

Apr 04, 2015 #967823 Livonia, Michigan, United States

I've had trailers with fiberglass front caps for years - left them out in Michigan weather all year- and never had that problem. Keystone should make it right...

8 0 Reply
tired

Apr 03, 2015 #967332 Omaha, Nebraska, United States

It is plastic what do you expect. You probably don't even cover it or store it indoors. Storing it indoors would keep the harsh elements from sun fading it. A good waxing a few times a year would help. To say it is a manufacturing problem 2 times is doughtful. Maybe the 1st but the 2nd?

4 14 Reply

Apr 10, 2015 #970549 Amarillo, Texas, United States

Hey tired/Nebraska you obviously didn't read the comment. Two caps with totally different problems. Really!!!! Go look at your car with all the plastic on it and tell me if it is fading. Really!!!! Keystone is having this problem with many trailers. Really!!!!

8 3 Reply

Jun 23, 2015 #998760

It is a manufacturer defect and there are thousands of customers stuck with this problem!

4 0 Reply

Jun 30, 2015 #1001710

Dear "tired". I am not sure if you own a Keystone RV or have one that has been affected by this but my 2013 Laredo is having the same problem. I noticed it just after my 1 yr. warranty was up. What I have read and what the dealer I purchased it from told me is it's a defective clear coat that was put on and that is causing the fading and Keystone knows. Yes I agree with you on waxing it but IF YOU READ on what is causing it you will see that waxing does not stop this. And this is not my first RV that I have owned but the first that this happened too. And today I was told by Keystone customer service that "this would be considered environmental. The 1 yr. warranty has expired on your unit, therefor would not be covered". No question on whether it was ever under cover, waxed, in the shade, nothing. So do some research before you comment as this is going to be extremely costly for those of us who are out of the 1 yr. warranty. But thanks for your opinion.

Jul 20, 2015 #1009703

They told us the same thing on our 2013 Laredo. Our front end looks so bad. The front top is so faded out! And we clean and wax every 3-6 months. It just started fading within the last 9 months We also keep it under a covered storage space when not in use. We are going to have to re-paint at on our own expense and fix it. Shame on Keystone!!! We will just repaint to a white color. But we will not put Keystone's back name on there, since they can't stand behind their own brand.

Oct 07, 2015 #1044382

Maybe a class action lawsuit will provide a reality check. Great idea to paint it a different color and remove the free advertising. I'm in.

4 2

Sep 10 #1210897 Tracy, California, United States

I bought a 2015 26.9 rear living pull trailer. Thank heavens it does not have a Fiberglas or plastic front or end cap. We use the trailer 1 to two times a month. It has been back to be repaired after every trip but one. The build quality is a joke. I even had the inside tv amplifier and connection fall out as they cut the hole to large and only one screw would hit wood. When I looked at the wiring none had been trimmed and were shorting out and blowing fuses. Just about every inside door has fallen off on our trips. The list goes on and on. The dealership finally told me to get the piece of *** out of his shop and not come back. Of course Keystone said they had no control over the dealerships. The things out of warrantee now and I am fixing things right. Last Keystone I will ever buy and I tell everyone I see about what a piece it is.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about
×