Keystone Rv - 2013 Keystone Montana 3725RL - Horrible Quality
When my wife and I were in the market for a new rig back in
2013, I wanted to buy a used pusher, a 2001 Newmar Mountain
Aire 4095 that had low miles and was in fantastic shape. My
wife was sold on Fifth Wheels, in particular the 2013 Montana
We went back and forth and as many husbands can attest, happy
wife happy life so we chose the Fifth Wheel, only not the
3900FB, we decided on the 3725RL which we thought had the
better layout for us.
We negotiated a good deal and scheduled the rig to be delivered to the campground we lease at. During the walk through I found that the remote control was missing from the rig, they made a mistake they said since it was clearly missing from the paperwork, yet they insisted up until we signed for the rig that it had one, and there's the sign right?
Here is a list of issues from the first month:
1. The LED lights in the front cap started to peel off.
2. We keep losing power via the kitchen island GFI which affects the bathroom and large storage compartment, clicking rest brings it back on but randomly it pops again.
3. The black and gray tank valves are tight and require more effort to pull than they should.
4. The passenger side large storage door looks to be bulging suddenly?!?
5. The kitchen slide is causing a scratch in the kitchen floor, so something, most likely a screw is hitting the floor when we open or close the slide.
6. The pocket door veneer is peeling off.
7. Rear window won't close, the mechanism is bowed and won't
8. AC vent in the bathroom keeps drooping, won't lock into place
9. Shower door where it meets the bathtub isn't caulked so water bypasses it and ends up on the floor
10. Left front hydrolic landing jack is leaking fluid.
11. Landing Jacks pump went bad.
12. There are square staples coming loose in the roof under the rubber.
13. Bedroom phone charging station doesn’t charge phones
14. Bedroom white trim loose above headboard, I pushed it back in but it continues to droop after a few days.
15. Stove has issues lighting one burner on right side
16. Unknown when this happened - Main AC Unit not blowing cold
air, possibly since new.
17. Popping noises from landing jacks.
18. Kitchen counter cracked down the middle
19. Tank mount for drivers side propane broke
It's May of 2016 and the AC still doesn't work, we had to pay to finally get the valves fixed, the landing jacks working, two new hydrolic pumps now with special hydrolic fluid and ZERO HELP FROM KEYSTONE!!!!
The dealer did a bad job repeatedly but after about $4,000.00 out of pocket we are using the rig, so far it's been 3 weeks into this season, the tanks aren't leaking (that we can tell anyway) the valves work smoothly, the jacks work, they aren't leaking, the pocket door was poorly repaired but works and all other items we think are working, we'll see as the season progresses.
The cost to replace the sealed AC unit is $1,800.00, that has to wait.
My recommendation, stay clear from any Keystone product, they don't back them, they don't care about them or you. I will never by anything they sell, which won't bother them but I made the same promise after buying a lemon from GM back in 1983, have never bought GM since, I have bought 16 cars from Ford since then and have never looked back, GM can still suck it, now, so can Keystone, DEAD TO ME.
When we can, we will be selling this to buy a Class A Pusher, I can't wait.
Review about: 2016 Keystone Rv Montana 3725rl Rv.
Reason of review: Bad quality.
Monetary Loss: $6000.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
I didn't like: Poor customer service, Poor quality control.