Keystone Rv - 2014 Keystone Laredo Front Cap Fad/Oxidizing

I have a problem with the Front cap of my 2014 Keystone Laredo 302BH Fifth Wheel, The Front Cap is oxidizing real bad and the paint is fading off..The factory gel coat paint does not have a UV inhibitor and fades quickly.

The only cure is to re-paint the cap. The front cap is about an 8x8 area in the front of the RV. Keystone RV Company will not cover it. Just my opinion, dealing with Keystone is a waste of time.

Customer satisfaction is not high on their list. The fading started just after the 1 year warranty had expired. Unfortunately this is not an item that Keystone would participate with warranty coverage and Keystone will not cover it. They know this is an issue from a supplier they use.

From what I find on the Internet is that a lot of 2013, 2014 and 2015 Keystone models are all fading. I did find others like Crossroads, Cougar and Jayco are doing the same thing. When you send $ 50,000 on an RV and the front cap fades so bad that it looks like the RV is 10 years old and it’s less than two years old, that’s a problem and someone or some company needs to be accountable. If they know they have a problem with the paint on the front caps then why would they continue to supply bad paint.

I don’t understand. I don’t have $ 2,500 to $ 3,000 to have someone repaint the front cap when Keystone should step up and take ownership and pride in suppling RV’s.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB on April 14th.At this point a Class Action Lawsuit needs to be filed at the state level.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
2014 Keystone Laredo 302Bh Fifth Wheel
Review category
review #878177 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 11 #1225329 Everett, Washington

The issue continues and Keystone continues to deny it is a manufacturing issue and blames it on an environmental factor. Our 2013 Outback is faded to the point of embarrassment. I contacted Camping World and Keystone and neither will do nothing. I began contacting Keystone within the two year warranty timeframe but they did not respond and now they indicate the warranty is expired. The last correspondence with Keystone was today 10/11/16 and they will take no responsibility nor assist in correcting the situation. I have photos that will show that it is not an environmental issue, they do not care. We will pursue on other various levels to at the least make Keystone aware that this is a problem for MANY owners.

Aug 29 #1205339 Lynchburg, Virginia

Yes the industry needs to be sued over this problem. My 2014 prime time fifth wheel is fading badly. I am in the process of contacting prime time now.From what it looks like I will be .... Out of luck. I even payed 800.00 for a special paint protection on this trailer at time of purchase.

Aug 14 #1198983 Winter Park, Florida

I have a 2012 out back and when we took it over from camping world the service tech said there is a spot on here and we need to repaint it, then the night mare began. camping world had my camper more than i had it for almost a year. they ended up replacing the cap because they must of painted my cap about 8 times and still screwed it up.
after i got it after cap was replaced it looked good for a short time, I waxed it and the paint was coming off on the polish rag by that time camping world and keystone washed there hands of the warranty.
a year or two went by and we went to the Tampa RV show and we came up on the outbacks and the representative from Keystone was there and I recognized his name and he proceeded to tell us after I asked about the finish on the outback cap, he said there was a class action law suite on the painter of the caps and he said to take my RV to the dealer and have them look at it and take pictures of the cap and summit it to Keystone, and guess what, NOTHING big waste of my time they did NOTHING they said it was out of warranty which they knew.
They know there is a problem with the paint, it came out of the mouth of the Keystone representative.

Aug 08 #1196241 Portland, Oregon

our 2014 Outback is doing the same thing and it looks horrible

Jul 21 #1188036 Naperville, Illinois

I'm with u on this. I have 2014 Laredo with faded front cap and bought it new from dealer and just found a crack above window that was patched by manufacturer that gave out and caused interior water damage

Jul 19 #1187107 Kitchener, Ontario

I have the exact same problem with my 2014 Keystone Laredo 329RE 5th wheel... Cap is faded the same as yours.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.