Ankeny, Iowa
1.5K views

After having the Outback 312bh for two full seasons and now on the start of the third. First big problem during the first season the hinge on the outdoor kitchen door split leaving the door hanging.

It was still under warranty. They replaced the whole door and riveted the shock holder to the frame of the door. So far the repair is holding but the new door is starting to delaminate. Now the brown paint on the gel cap is starting to go away.

I am reading that this is happening alot. Keystone says to bad so sad. Then I read its because the direct sun damages it and its recommended that you keep your camper indoors?? Actually mine is under roof 5 months of the year.

I loved the floor plan.

But the workmanship is very poor and the willingness to stand behind the product is ***. I am going to put a sign on the front of my 312bh so all the fellow campers at our various campgrounds can learn that they can find a better choice than outback.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Layout of camper.

I didn't like: There unwillingness to help, Poor quality of outdoor kitchen, Quality.

Comments

We have a 2016 keystone outback 324 CG and our outside kitchen door has little circular pops in the paint all over it...wondering if the whole door will rot eventually.

Georgetown, Texas, United States #1203981

My outdoor kitchen door hinge cracked also. Keystone said that their design was not a problem. But there's too much door on too basic of hinge and supports to hold it and close it properly.

to Anonymous #1445137

how did you repair this

I have a 2011 294 BH where the outdoor kitchen door is rotten! Where can I find a new door? Thank

Ks