Featured Not resolved

The rubber roof detached within the first 18 months of ownership while driving down the highway. Keystone denied the warranty claim citing lack of maintenance.

Insurance claim was made for $7,000. Repairs were done and in our first time driving down the highway, the roof inflated like a balloon, approximately 3-4 feet high, but did not tear. Took it back to the dealership and they re-stretched the rubber, and re-sealed all the seams. Driving it back home two weeks later and the thing inflated just 5 minutes into our drive.

Apparently now the theory is there is air getting inside the camper somehow in transport, causing the roof to inflate.

It peeled off on us going down the highway once. It has since been repaired two times and each time the roof just inflates like a giant balloon.

It seems like it is a terrible design and Keystone has done nothing to make it right.

Considering a class action lawsuit. Angry

Review about: 2016 Keystone Rv Hideout Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Mine did the same thing. I was told lack of maintenance also. I even filed a complaint with the BBB, and they still said it was a lack of maintenance.

Are camper did the same thing. Let me know what your results are. Thanks

to Mike mcgee #1552967

Our 2015 5th wheel did the same thing but our insurance company won't cover it as we didn't hit anything and its a factory defect. We are going with the RV Armor roofing.

Good luck with Keystone. They know its a problem and will do nothing to fix it.

Along with all the other common problems they have. Please let me know if there is a lawsuit as I am in.

to Anonymous #1566242

We are having a problem with our camper. It's 3 years old.

The entire back of ours is delaminaded. It is bubbled out and is now leaking in between the inside walls and outer walls. I am thinking about conot acting a lawyer. If anyone wants to get with me about doing the same please reply back so we can get this figured out.

I am NOT taking a $30,000 loss. That is alot of money.

to Mike mcgee #1566246

We are having a problem with our camper. It's 3 years old.

I am NOT taking a $30,000 loss. That is alot of money.