2.0
Insurance Quality

We purchased a new travel trailer from a very reputable dealer. Our first time taking it out when we extended the awning we could see cracking where the awning meets the camper.

Yes we did not notice it on our walk through as it was snowing and miserable that day, with no sunshine. But the nice sunny day when we rolled it out you could clearly see the sun shining through the cracks. I called the dealer and they referred me to keystone. When I called they were very helpful and gave a "pre authorization" to have the repair done.

several months later after waiting for the part, and an appointment to get it fixed, I take it in. Half way through the day, the service manager called me to tell me that Keystone denied the claim. Keystone claims that this is "incidental damage". Now they won't pay for the repair, after the work is done.

I made several calls to keystone and get the same rude answers, stating that myself or the dealer cased the damage. I do not think that either of us caused dry rot on a brand new camper. The fabric is clearly dry and cracking, brittle to the touch. You can see the cracking running the entire length of the awning in the pictures.

Keystone pre authorized the repair, now is taking it back. Obviously they do not stand behind their product or cooperate with their dealers.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: To have the awning repair cover by Keystone or the dealer..

I didn't like: Poor workmanship and poor value.

Comments