2.0
Insurance Quality

I bought a brand new travel trailer for my kids and I for Christmas ‘17. We were so excited - we had been wanting to make the purchase for years.

However, I have had nothing but negative experiences with my purchase and am very concerned about the quality and integrity of my trailer. Since I purchased the trailer, it has only been in my posession for about 15 days. The first trip out, the furnace wouldn't turn on. After almost a month in the shop, it was determined that the wiring was done incorrectly during manufacturing.

Incorrect wiring is a huge safety issue as it could cause a fire. I finally got the trailer back, took it on a 2nd trip and the pulley system for the slideout came apart from the wall, the cables are no longer on the track and the chain that connects to the motor has come off. I have had to manually push in the slide out and attempt to secure it so hopefully it is safe to tow to the repair shop. Upon closer inspection of the trailer, the slide out and the pulley system, I have realized that the way the trailer was put together was very much haphazard and very poorly done.

Looking at the one side of the pulley system that is still connected to the wall I can clearly see that the screws were put in crooked and that they particle board that was used is not strong enough to hold the screws in. There are other parts of the trailer where I see similar issues - the brackets are not screwed in well and are not flush with the trailer walls. It is clear that there are major flaws in the manufacturing of the trailer I have purchased. I have spoken to customer service and am getting the runaround.

Obviously I will take it to the dealer and it will be fixed, but I am extremely concerned about what will go wrong next. I do not have confidence that this trailer is safe for my family and I and I am extremely devastated that I have paid over $30k for something that clearly has faulty manufacturing. I would really like Keystone to address this issue seriously. As the customer, I have been screwed by purchasing a poorly made trailer.

I am certain that is not what Keystone stands for and is not the mission for their business. I am hoping that someone will contact me and address these issues and do something to ensure that I can have confidence in the safety of my trailer purchase.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2018 Keystone Rv Bullet Ultra Lite 243Bhs Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 25.

Comments

did they repair this? mine is out of warranty and this just happened to me while winterizing last night.

It woudl appear the only way for me to fix this is to remove all trim inside to gain access to the pulley that pulled out of wall. I can seem to retract mine even manually at this point.