Dothan, Alabama

There are many complaints about the brown gel coat on the front cap of these campers.It is my understanding that they did not put a UV protectant in the gel coat and they rapidly deteriorate within a year of ownership.

Keystone has express they would not repair the unit or even consider repairing it for it was out of warranty. They told me that they were not responsible for environmental problems. If you spend 40K for a unit it should last longer than a year. Keeping it clean and wax did not resolve this matter for me.

Will file complaint with the BBB.Beware that Keystone has numerous issues with there products before you buy one.

Review about: 2013 Keystone Cougar 327Res 5Th Wheel.

I liked: I liked it till the gel coat faded.

I didn't like: No one will take responsibilty, Quality of workmanship, Customer service.

2.4
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

Lord Selkirk - West Kildonan, Manitoba, Canada #1178578

If the protestant doesnt work.....try using a catholic! lol

Lord Selkirk - West Kildonan, Manitoba, Canada #1178576

I had the same problem.I was told there was no way to repair the fading.

The only solution was to paint it. Well, i tried to repair it and it came out like new. I wet-sanded, used a polisher and buffed and polished and the fading was gone.

I didnt mess up the decals and it turned out great.

Susie2001
to Anonymous Dothan, Alabama, United States #1184764

Thanks for sharing your method to take care of this problem.Just to let you know it worked great for me also.

After two days of wet sanding, compounding and polishing with a high speed buffer and a good coat of wax it turned out looking better than it ever has.Again thanks.

BobG
to Anonymous Waxahachie, Texas, United States #1198047

I have the same problem with a 2015 Laredo 5er: original owner.Despite quarterly use of Meguire's wax and use of Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All when on the road.

I'm in the middle of appealing to Keystone right now.

How did you avoid damaging the decals?Did you just work around them?

We had the same problem.We ordered 3M Heavy Oxidation Remover which when applied with power buffer made a huge difference.

Have to apply 2-3 times a year but it helps.I know it's not the answer but it helped us enjoy the trailer more.

Susie2001
to Anonymous #1172240

Thanks I will try that. Also I am thinking about a mural on vinyl that is UV protestant to just cover it. Going to get an estimate tomorrow.