Warren, Massachusetts

Paint problems, 2 years in the sun and paint faded on top of nose of camper.I had campers with dark noses for 8 plus years and never had paint fade.

Keystone said sorry it only has a 1 year warranty. Most later model Keystone campers we see with a darker paint on the nose have faded so this is obviously a problem, Poor quality control, we bought this camper at General RV in Michigan and we live in Mass. By the time we got home the door above the electrical panel fell in, the cheap staples and materials they use fell apart and the trim that was under the slide out bunk was bent at too much of a curve so it snapped.

I called General and they said sorry, bring it back and we will fix it.I figured I could fix it better myself and did just that.

Review about: 2012 Keystone Outback 230Rs.

I liked: I liked it till the gel coat faded.

I didn't like: There unwillingness to help, This paint issue is definately a problem.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Keystone Rv Rv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $5000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

We are having the exact same problem with our 2014 Keystone Outback and Keystone's response was very similar to yours...we are furious

bbl
Park Ridge, Illinois, United States #1127807

I have the same problem 1 yr old paint on nose is rough keystone will not do any thing and so on for my shower that pools water how can they sell this type of *** maybe ill have to get a bunch of folks with issues to boycott rv shows

Just went through the EXACT same issue with our 2013 Outback....5 different Camping World locations told us it was a defect from the manufacturer and Keystone was aware and they had been fixing a LOT of them....after contacting Keystone (which their customer service is HORRIBLE), they said "that is normal"....WHAT, a 2 year old camper should look like this!! Wow, low expectations on the quality of their product!

to Anonymous Bevier, Missouri, United States #1210627

Our 2014 Outback has the same problem and Camping World said that was normal wear and tear. I asked them if the paint faded on their 2 year old car be normal wear and tear? I'm going to try to call Keystone and if I get no help I will try to get Good Sam's to step in.