Keystone Rv - Faded paint problems on the nose of a 2 year old camper and poor quality control

267 of 499 Keystone Rv reviews

Paint problems, 2 years in the sun and paint faded on top of nose of camper.I had campers with dark noses for 8 plus years and never had paint fade.

Keystone said sorry it only has a 1 year warranty. Most later model Keystone campers we see with a darker paint on the nose have faded so this is obviously a problem, Poor quality control, we bought this camper at General RV in Michigan and we live in Mass. By the time we got home the door above the electrical panel fell in, the cheap staples and materials they use fell apart and the trim that was under the slide out bunk was bent at too much of a curve so it snapped.

I called General and they said sorry, bring it back and we will fix it.I figured I could fix it better myself and did just that.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • I liked it till the gel coat faded
  • What I disliked
    • There unwillingness to help
    • This paint issue is definately a problem

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2012 Keystone Outback 230Rs
Review category
Auto
review #688787

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
267 of 499 Keystone Rv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 30 #1166550

We are having the exact same problem with our 2014 Keystone Outback and Keystone's response was very similar to yours...we are furious

bbl

Mar 15 #1127807 Park Ridge, Illinois, United States

I have the same problem 1 yr old paint on nose is rough keystone will not do any thing and so on for my shower that pools water how can they sell this type of *** maybe ill have to get a bunch of folks with issues to boycott rv shows

Sep 17, 2015 #1034915

Just went through the EXACT same issue with our 2013 Outback....5 different Camping World locations told us it was a defect from the manufacturer and Keystone was aware and they had been fixing a LOT of them....after contacting Keystone (which their customer service is HORRIBLE), they said "that is normal"....WHAT, a 2 year old camper should look like this!! Wow, low expectations on the quality of their product!

1 1 Reply

Sep 10 #1210627 Bevier, Missouri, United States

Our 2014 Outback has the same problem and Camping World said that was normal wear and tear. I asked them if the paint faded on their 2 year old car be normal wear and tear? I'm going to try to call Keystone and if I get no help I will try to get Good Sam's to step in.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about
×