Keystone Rv - Front panel Delaminating 2012 Cougar Travel Trailer

I contacted the dealer where we bought our Cougar and showed him pictures of the delaminating that is taking place on the front Panel.He said that Keystone is aware of the delamination and unfortunatley off warranty.

Just like that he said nothing he can do under warranty and quoted me $1700. I sent three requests to Keystone with my COntact info, pics of the problem and a narrative of what has happened. That was 2 weeks ago and no reply or contact. DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE!!!!!

Terrible product and worst yet terrible customer service.

I have kept this trailer under an all weather cover and away from the sun.Never could have imagined that within 3 years I would have to deal with this.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Service here is horrible

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2012 Keystone Cougar
Review category
review #646188

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 15 #1159164

Hello, my husband and I also have a 2012 Keystone Cougar that we noticed is starting to have a desalination issue on the front. We take the up most care of our trailer. We clean an wash it inside and out after every use. We wash it with a uv protection soap and make sure every winter it is stored under cover. We consider our trailer an investment so that is why we take such great care of it. After reading your post and seeing the delamination due to I'm 100 % positive is due to poor craftmanship from the factory. My husband and I are considering selling it and buying another brand of trailer. If this has started who knows how long before other issues show up. I will also contact keystroke as well as the BBB and the attorney General is keystroke does respond and make good.

Apr 30 #1152131

Thanks for the warning. This is the second Keystone bad review I have read.

Dec 12, 2015 #1077752

Terry Harbes
Thank you for the info. I was looking to buy one.

Aug 10, 2015 #1018034

Have a 2006 23KRS with the same issue - front cap delamination. I continually see outback's on the road with the same issue, sometimes on the rear of the trailer. Overall I've enjoyed the trailer with no other issues. It's obvious the company refuses to address the issue, and since it normally doesn't appear until after the warranty period, the owner is completely stuck with the cost of replacement. In summary, if you plan on keeping your RV for more than a couple of years, I would steer clear of the Outbacks.

Jun 16, 2015 #995619

Same issue. Dealers are aware of the problem because when you attempt to trade it in on something better, they immediately ask questions about how bad is it delaminating without even looking at it. They will give you next to nothing on a trade-in for it. Nobody should have to deal with a poorly built product with an obvious issue. Keystone should have made it right to keep a good reputation, but they don't. Will never buy another Keystone product EVER!

1 0 Reply

Jun 19, 2015 #997296

Unfortunately, same issue here. The first time we took our brand new 2008 model out, one of the axles came out of the leaf spring. Had to be hauled back to the dealer on an 18-wheeler flat-bed. Get it back one month later and when we take it out for the second time, it rains and water starts gushing from the sofa/dinette slide. Bring it back to the dealer; supposedly they fixed it. Take it out the third time, and the same leak happens again. We should have demanded our money back. But no, we keep the piece of excrement. Of course, after it is out of warranty, the front end cap starts delaminating. Bring it to another dealer (because we absolutely hate our original dealer) and they said they found the leak and fixed it. Delamination continues, bring it to another dealer, and they find and repair the issue that was causing the leak. Want to guess the cause? Shoddy workmanship! This is the first and LAST Keystone product we will ever have the misfortune to buy. We tell everyone we know (or meet up with at camper shows) to not buy a Keystone product because if they do, they will be totally sorry! We only hope that anyone who is considering to buy a Keystone product will stumble upon this website, will read these comments, and will run the other way. Don't buy Keystone RVs!

Nov 27, 2015 #1070150

The same prob.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about