1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Update by user Sep 29

Keystone called me back, Jennifer was very nice. There are a couple item that they do not want to warranty because the dealership did not mention the problem when they conducted the acceptance inspection at the dealership.

Another problem I brought up was, the dealership does not allow customers to inspect the roof due to insurance liability. I found that the roof on the slide is coming up under the slideout motor. I told Jennifer that on many forums people have said they have the same problem and Keystone fixed the roof and installed a drip pan under the motor to keep this from happening. So I asked how are we supposed to spot a problem if we are not allowed on the roof to inspect the roof and slide roofs when inspecting the rest of the unit.

Keystone agreed and is contacting the dealership to resolve the issue. Jennifer did say an email was sent to American Family RV and they have not received a reply as of yet.

Original review posted by user Sep 23

I made a list of what needed to be fixed before I purchased my new RV. I was promised everything would be fixed as the RV is under a one year bumper to bumper warranty. I took it out for the 4th of July and made another list as I found some cosmetic things that need to be fixed.

The 3 biggestest problems are,

1) The a/c compressor would not work - it was a published problem and wasn’t fixed before the RV was sold.

2) The refrigerator will not cool to temperate and

3) The couch in the garage area has what looks like a burnt mark on it and a bent frame. The frame is 1/8th inch steel.

The RV has been in the shop for 60 days now and was told by the maintenance department that Keystone does not want to warranty some of the items that need to be fixed.

I have missed 2 camping trips, Labor Day weekend and a weekend trip in September. I have another trip scheduled for November, hope the RV is fixed before then.

Product or Service Mentioned: Keystone Rv Rv Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 23.

Comments

QUOTE : " were promised " ... verbally ?

No good.

Always get it in writing. If you did get it in writing, take them to the mat and obtain that which is due you.

JealousCarp717
to Anonymous #1570987

Thank you, I will make sure to get everything in writing! The unit is under a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty, everything needs to be fixed.

I just got off the phone with Keystone and they have written down all my concerns and went over all of the complaints from the dealership with me. The young lady that took my call was very nice and helpful.

I mentioned the Facebook group RV horror stories and stated that one of the chief complaint is that the slide out roof coming up. Keystone stated that they are not going to warranty the work on the roof. I stated that there are a lot of people on the RV Horror Stories page that have had the same complaint and Keystone has solved this by installing a drip pan inder the slideoit motor to keep the oil from dripping on the roof and making the rubber roof come up.

Keystone is going to call me back with a follow up call within 48 hours. I will write another post to keep everybody abreast of the situation and I encourage everyone to keep calling and posting their problems with with their RV to keep the RV industry accountable and increase the quality!

to JealousCarp717 #1569524

I think you've done too much calling and not enough writing. I don't have a good feeling about this. RVs are one of the most oft complained commodities on this website ; second only to fast food.