1.1K views

So, we bought a 29BKS Hidout by Keystone.We love the camper took it to Smokies it did great.

We have had it now for 6 months and the big problem is the Awning just quit working today we push the power button and it would go out very slow. But now it won't go back in. Going to call dealer tomorrow because of holiday. We have to take it back for a bent rail anyway from when it was delivered to dealer for service.

I hope after reading all the bad things happening to customers we don't become that customer also.

I would like to know if this a recalled item?

Please advise guyramm86@gmail.com

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of keystone rv rv. Keystone Rv needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned keystone rv rv in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Keystone Rv.

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

Calgary, Alberta, Canada #1094123

For starters, you have the awning teathered. That was fine on the older awnings but not on the newer electrical ones. Hopefully the dealer or Keystone do not see this picture or you will be out of luck and get zero warranty help

cski12894

You know, I bet the guides are twisted and that is what fries the motor. There can't be any binding or part of the mechanism off track or bent This will strain and over heat the motor. Also, maybe they are using a cheap motor that needs to be upgraded.

cski12894
West Springfield, Virginia, United States #1044287

The awning looks like the best part.Keeps the sun off and you can sit outside with some iced beverages and kick back.

Without it, to me there is very little value. I would be upset.

That is the one thing that should not fail after power, propane, and water.A/C also males the top ten.

Virginia, Minnesota, United States #1031318

We had the exact same thing happen on our 2015 27DBS Hideout.It started coming in very slow and then completely stopped.

We contacted the dealer and brought it in. They said the motor went and had to order a new one. When we contacted them about the problem, we were told this is usually not an issue with them, that awning motors rarely burn out.

Our camper was brand new when we bought it and only used the awning 6 times before the motor went.