Keystone Rv - Keystone Sprinter Broken Window Glass

313 of 499 Keystone Rv reviews

Recently while cleaning the yard near my Keystone RV, I sent a piece of pea gravel into the passenger side rear glass.I called the local dealer where I purchased this and I was told that they would have to replace then entire window including frame at a cost of approximately $500 plus.

I was very upset and called Keystone customer relations and asked them why should I have to replace the entire window because one piece in the window broke. There response was that is the way we do it.

So instead of paying $50 for a window glass you pay to have the whole window replaced.Keystone is no different than all of the other RV manufactures--poor customer support.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Interest Rate

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Response from the employee

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2015 Keystone Sprinter 269Wrls
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #647276 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
313 of 499 Keystone Rv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 01 #1248688 Maple Heights, Ohio, United States

Sad to say that is just the way they do it in the RV business world. I had one pane of glass shatter during a return trip from Alaska. Called the actual manufacture of the window where they quoted me $700. And yes, you have to buy the whole thing. Even if I needed just one crank handle, I have to buy the whole 2 panel window unit.
But they couldn't sell it to me. They have to make it, sell it to Keystone, who in turn sells it to a RV dealer. That is why it's $700 because each one has to take their cut.
What I did was stop in Elkhart IN. where they make a good deal of RV's and stopped at a RV surplus store. Ended getting a brand new window for $45. My dealer back in Ohio install it for $100.
Even for a RV dealer, getting a exact replacement is hard. XYZ RV manufacture buys say 500 of X by X window, when the stock is used up, then they buy another batch of windows, but they may be for the same window opening, but slightly different in appearance. So that is why the surplus shops get all the extras.
The first surplus store I stopped in I looked for an hour thru stacks of the black frameless windows for a match. No luck....The 2nd store, the guy looked at it, drove off in his golf cart, came back in 5 minutes with one that matched. $45 and I was on my way....

0 0 Reply

Jul 08, 2015 #1004842

um...take it to a local glass shop and quit whining about your own caused damage

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about
×