1.2K views
Featured Not resolved
1.8
Interest Rate

Recently while cleaning the yard near my Keystone RV, I sent a piece of pea gravel into the passenger side rear glass.I called the local dealer where I purchased this and I was told that they would have to replace then entire window including frame at a cost of approximately $500 plus.

I was very upset and called Keystone customer relations and asked them why should I have to replace the entire window because one piece in the window broke. There response was that is the way we do it.

So instead of paying $50 for a window glass you pay to have the whole window replaced.Keystone is no different than all of the other RV manufactures--poor customer support.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of response from the employee. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of 2015 keystone sprinter 269wrls and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Keystone Rv needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned 2015 keystone sprinter 269wrls in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Keystone Rv.

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

Maple Heights, Ohio, United States #1248688

Sad to say that is just the way they do it in the RV business world.I had one pane of glass shatter during a return trip from Alaska.

Called the actual manufacture of the window where they quoted me $700. And yes, you have to buy the whole thing. Even if I needed just one crank handle, I have to buy the whole 2 panel window unit.

But they couldn't sell it to me.

They have to make it, sell it to Keystone, who in turn sells it to a RV dealer. That is why it's $700 because each one has to take their cut.

What I did was stop in Elkhart IN. where they make a good deal of RV's and stopped at a RV surplus store.

Ended getting a brand new window for $45. My dealer back in Ohio install it for $100.

Even for a RV dealer, getting a exact replacement is hard. XYZ RV manufacture buys say 500 of X by X window, when the stock is used up, then they buy another batch of windows, but they may be for the same window opening, but slightly different in appearance.

So that is why the surplus shops get all the extras.

The first surplus store I stopped in I looked for an hour thru stacks of the black frameless windows for a match.

No luck....The 2nd store, the guy looked at it, drove off in his golf cart, came back in 5 minutes with one that matched.$45 and I was on my way....

um...take it to a local glass shop and quit whining about your own caused damage