Featured Not resolved
1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Update by user Mar 06

Researching further I have discovered that the roofing material was not Dicor that I was told, it was Alpha roofing. I called Alpha and the warranty person Monica told me they would stand behind their roof material but not the repair material.

I told Darcy a manager from Keystone that I would accept their repair if they would extend my warranty on the repair (in writing) for 12 years. She would not agree to that and said she would call me back on Monday 3/04/19 as of 3/6/19 I have not heard from anyone at Keystone. I also have to lower the monetary cost from $10,000.00 down to $2,000.00 as quoted by my dealership.

I keep hearing that the repair "meets industry standards" but I contend it does not meet "consumer standards" when I purchased the RV it came with a12 year roof warranty by accepting this repair (without some written warranty from Keystone) I lose my warranty. If the repair meets their standard why wouldn't they warranty it ???

Original review posted by user Jan 30

We purchased a new Keystone Raptor Toy Hauler 428SP in August 2018 from Camping World of Myrtle Beach. We made two trips with the RV and at the end of the last trip I went on the roof to check the top of the slides for debris before retracting them I noticed bubbles in the roofing material on the slide tops.

At the end of the trip when I brought the RV in for additional warranty work I reported the bubbles to the dealer. The service manager informed me that he requested that Keystone under warranty replace the slide motor assembly's (3) and install new roof material on all (3) slides. Keystone's reply was to install drip pans under all motors and to patch roofs. I told the dealer the that repair was unacceptable.

He suggested that I call Keystone myself. I spoke with two representive's at Keystone the first said I needed no repairs and the second said drip pans and patches!!! I advised both representative's that their type of repair was unacceptable I asked the second representative where do we go from here and he said I had to call my dealer!!! I have done some research and found out that Keystone has known about this problem since 2017 and continued to install these motor assembly's on there slides!!!

Keystone started to use Norco motor Bal-Accuslide assembly's on their slides that leaked oil or grease past the seal. So instead of discontinuing the use of this motor they opted to continue to install them!!! Now that slide roof tops are damaged from this, they want everyone to accept these patches instead of replacing the roof. My feeling is that the patch is a temporary repair that will last long enough to get them past the one year warranty!!!

I spoke to roofers that said the roof material they use should last 15 to20 years!!! I have been reading different forums and I realize that Keystone has replaced motor assembly's and roofs on some RV's!!!

Keystone wants you to believe that the term they like to use about the patches is "meets industry standards" should make us happy with the repair!!! My question is who sets the standard Keystone!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Keystone Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Keystone should take ownership of this issue.

• Roof Membrane

Comments

Thank you for sharing. No keystone for me!

Tha is so much for this review. We were thinking of buying a passport but we have changed our mind now.

I see a lot of complaints on new campers. I hope your problem is fixed soon

Keystone RV recently reviewed your post. We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with your unit.

In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information. You may reach us Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm & Fridays 8am-4pm, all times EST.

Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-866-425-4369. Thank you.