Keystone Rv - Outdoor Kitchen sink plumbed to blackwater tank.
Had yet more issues with this trailer again this weekend.
The outdoor plugs, bathroom and outdoor kitchen receptacles were not working. All on GFCI. The GFCI in the bathroom was not tripped. I opened the electrical panel, and “PULLED OUT A LOOSE 120VAC WIRE” connected to a 15A breaker!
I tightened this up, and it corrected the issue. However this was a fire hazard.
I was doing dishes in the outdoor kitchen sink, I pulled the drain to drain the dirty dishwater. The water didn’t drain. I checked the grey water tank level. All good. So Then I started to try and clear the drain.
“thinking it was plugged.” I cleared out the dirty dishwater, and disconnected the trap to investigate. There were large deposits in this waterless trap and the rubber inside had been separated.
I then continued to clean the debris from the pipe. My son was in the washroom and flushed the toilet. The pipe sprayed out human ***’, urine, toilet paper etc!!!
This is when I realized this outdoor kitchen sink that I have been cooking with, washing dishes in, and cleaning with was connected to the BLACK WATER TANK!!!!! And the black water tank was full.
This was the most disgusting thing I have ever encountered!!!! I had bare hands, A large portion of my dishes were in this filth. I let the Black tank out, and all the water receded from the sink!
I am simply disgusting with this piece of garbage KEYSTONE trailer! The quality control, and craftsmanship that go into these thing is DISCRACEFUL!!!
I am getting sick and tired of driving this thing into the repair shop after every time I use it!
I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER KEYSTONE PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! and I seriously have DEMANDED!!!!! a discount on my purchase price! which I will never receive.
I want this sink properly plumbed to the GREY WATER TANK!!!! I don’t even know how this can be CSA approved with a kitchen sink plumbed to the *** tank! I cannot get the *** smell off of my hands!
They refuse to repair this, and the dealer supports the manufacturer.
In addition, I demanded that EVERY OTHER MECHANICAL ITEM on this trailer is verified to be plumbed and hooked up correctly. I AM NOT PAYING A DIME TO HAVE THIS COMPLETELY REVIEWED AND ANY REPAIRS NECESSARY COMPLETED! This was denied.
However both the dealer (Leisure Days RV, Ayr, ON) and the manufacturer assure me that this is normal plumbing practise on all trailers and manufacturers. The exact response from the dealer was
"Hello Rob, I have spoke to Key stone about your situation. They do plumb that outside sink into the black tank, There is no code for that, as it is a normal plumbing practise on all coaches, be it a Keystone or any other manufacturer. I have seen this many times before, It all depends on tank location, rise of plumbing or the logistics of the plumbing. If you would like to contact Keystone they could explain this for you or you are welcome to call me anytime. The sock that is in the white pipe is called a check valve sock that is normally split on the end to allow one way travel of water. It does make sense to me that with you having disconnected that pipe when your son flushed the toilet that it would come out under sink (especially if tank is full )".
Looks to me they need a lesson in RV plumbing systems! Here is a good website that describes the differences between a grey water and black water tank, quite simple knowledge. You will notice ONLY THE TOILET is plumbed to the Blackwater tank!
“The Black Water Waste Tank is a nice way of saying your toilet storage tank. Your RV is designed so only toilet waste is put into it.
The Black Waste Dump Tank will have it's own Waste Gate Valve to empty that tank. It will usually have a fresh water clean-out valve so your Black Tank can be rinsed out with fresh water, after draining it. “
I’m extremely pissed, again!!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Overall look of trailer
What I disliked
- Build quality
- Warranty service
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- All of the above, minus paymen problems
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 31Bhpr Rv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "There are many complaints about the brown gel coat on the front cap of these campers. It is my understanding that they did not put a UV protectant in..."
- "We purchased a 2016 High Country the Friday before thanksgiving. The shower is backwards, water soaks the floor. There are many other issues but the fridge is the worst. It..."
- "When my wife and I were in the market for a new rig back in 2013, I wanted to buy a used pusher, a 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 that..."
- "Very unhappy about this. I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with. I have called them many times before to order items when..."
- "I made a purchase at Florence Scovel after seeing a Facebook ad that advertised a semicolon bracelet for which half of the purchase price would be donated to a mental..."
- "Was googling for a sterling silver photo locket to go with my chain and came across picturesongold.com. I ordered the sterling silver dog tag locket with two color laser photos..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."