I bought a 2018 Montana High Country, 345RL

#1. All the Slide-Out motors have leaked oil on the roof of the Slide-outs, causing the rubber roof material to buckle up underneath them.

KEYSTONE's solution is to put a drip pan below it to catch any further oil that drips out.

***Why not FIX THE PROBLEM and stop it from leaking in the first place. This has been happening since Model year 2017.

*** IF MY TRANSMISSION WAS LEAKING IN MY TRUCK THE FIX WOULD BE TO STOP THE LEAK, NOT CATCH THE OIL LEAKING OUT! Is Keystone going to pay /replace the motors when their lock up because of lack of oil.

#2. Well after putting water in my domestic water tank, the plastic underbelly had water coming out of it. Shut water off, tracked down the problem and the quit connect on the one side of the water pump wasn't clicked in all the way causing about 20 gallons of water to spray down laying on the silver insulation and the plastic underbelly.

Called dealer where I bought it from and couldn't get it in for 4 weeks. Then called Keystone up in Goshen, Indiana and they said to call three other Keystone dealers from 40-125 miles from home, which I did and not one of them were helpful at all.

I removed the zip screws on the front and rear of the Black underbelly plastic and insulation then had to grind off the rivets running up both of the I-Beam/Frame rails.

After it was opened up and the underbelly/insulation material was taken off there was 14 UNUSED ZIP=TIES, 7 ZIP SCREWS, THE WIRING LOOM, METAL & WOOD SHAVINGS just laying on the silver insulation.

DOES ANYONE AT KEYSTONE INSPECT ANY OF THE WORK BEING DONE or TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR JOBS.

#3. The Trim work that was on the top of my Super-Slide after my second trip from Indiana to PA. on smooth roads was off and just laying on my center island.

After picking it up and inspecting it, the staples, yes staples just ripped out.

I sanded the particle board on the front side of the wood facing into the trailer,also carefully removed all the staples from the trim work I sanded the back side of the trim work wiped all of it down and Gorilla glued both surfaces and with another person's help cramped them together and wood screwed them back together from the rear of the top of the side-out. This is the way it should have been done but that would have been another $100 in labor and MAYBE $5 in extra materials used.

**** Montana's are sold as a top of the line 5th. Wheel compared to some of the others out there, and that was the impression I was lead to believe as well.

* JUST REMEMBER THIS WHEN GETTING A NEW KEYSTONE PRODUCT, THEY MUST NOT HAVE ANYONE THAT GIVES A *** ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL and on an added note,

Don't buy one if you are not Mechanically Inclined, You would be better off going to a hotel...

GO RVing, or should I say GO TO LOWES and BUY PARTS and fix it yourself the right way.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 20.

Comments

Keystone RV recently reviewed your post. In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN, and your contact information.

You may reach us Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm & Fridays 8am- 4pm, all times EST.

Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-866-425-4369. Thank you.