Bremond, Texas
1.7K views 12 comments
Featured Not resolved

I have a 2012 passport ultra light that I bought new in Katie tx at holiday world.When I bought it I paid $3500 dollars for an exstended warrenty and that's a whole different problem but this is concerning the roof and how it started leaking.

Dealer said that I was supposed to do maintenance that they never told me about, I'm assuming they didn't want me to know what a piece of junk it was that I would have to get the roof inspected every 6 months but they only told me that after the leak started long story short they wouldn't fix it and keystone says it the dealer responsibly so just going back and now I have $6500 worth of water damage in the front.Its really been a terrible purchase Ill never buy another keystone product

Review about: 2012 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Keystone Rv Rv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

John
Berlin, Connecticut, United States #1271312

Did you ever find out where the leak started from, which part of the roof?We have a new 2016 passport 3220bh that has been having water leaking into the door side closet top shelf at the wall seam every time it rains out.

The dealer can't seem to find out where it's coming from.

They replaced the entire front outside shell of it and said it was fixed but it happened again.

Thanks John

to John Berlin, Connecticut, United States #1271314

FYI. Our dealer did all our inspections and roof maintenance.

John

Oceanside, California, United States #1213908

Who would buy something that risks leaking every 30 days.That's crazy.

Do your research before purchasing.

You likely would have found others that got wet willie'd.

It is a real shame this happened.I'm a retired truck technician and one thing I know for sure, if proper preventive maintenance isn't performed, things can go south real fast.

What I'm saying is if you didn't take care of the roof PM then it is on you, I find it interesting that the dealer never told you about regular roof inspections, he should have, and that is one way service departments stay in business by doing PM work.One thing I try to do with anything I purchase is to find out everything I can about maintaining it.

The roof warranty clearly states that you must inspect your roof every 6 months.I inspect mine every 1 month.

I'm sorry for your issue but it is clearly your fault and not Keystone's for not inspecting the roof regularly.

Why is it the dealer's responsibility to tell you about your camper?How about a little personal responsibility?

Yes idiots, reading is fundamental.Read your owners manual about normal maintenance; read your extended warranty coverage and exclusions also.

When you buy a car, do you expect the dealer to tell you to keep air in the tires, gas in the tank, and check the oil? For the life of me I can not understand how many of you have made it in life this long without killing yourself being so ***. IT IS YOUR FAULT.

Caulk is a maintenance item.Pretty standard on anything in the world which use's caulk.

to Anonymous #1115175

You sound like a mental case, pretty worked up. You're probably the *** that built the piece of junk someone paid good money for.

Kay
to Anonymous Bryant, Alabama, United States #1279294

Our tech inspected ours and we had 7 leaks because of areas that had never been caulked when manufactured! Yes it's a new camper! Maybe you need to quit blaming the customer and fix the problem!!

fblumberg
Lakewood Township, New Jersey, United States #1111069

Exactly sam problem here Im out 24000...

2013 coleman, keystone! after 1 year, camping world wont honor warranty neither will keystone and good sam is a joke!

fblumberg
to fblumberg #1155147

IT WAS INSpected it was in Cramping worlds shop for 3 months prior for leaks...It says Visual inspection, it LEAKS, I did visuals, Cramping world put so much caulk up there you cant see under it.

so inspectin all you want unless you put it in a rain tunnel you cant tell its leaking internally.KEYSTONE has a Documented issue with shor sheetint the roof on several of the models, and it takes vehement argument if not total reckless abandon to get the mfs to do anything, Ive got a E mail clearly instructing the Customer service agent to string me along till the warranty expires...