Keystone Rv - Review about 2012 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite from Bremond, Texas

I have a 2012 passport ultra light that I bought new in Katie tx at holiday world.When I bought it I paid $3500 dollars for an exstended warrenty and that's a whole different problem but this is concerning the roof and how it started leaking.

Dealer said that I was supposed to do maintenance that they never told me about, I'm assuming they didn't want me to know what a piece of junk it was that I would have to get the roof inspected every 6 months but they only told me that after the leak started long story short they wouldn't fix it and keystone says it the dealer responsibly so just going back and now I have $6500 worth of water damage in the front.Its really been a terrible purchase Ill never buy another keystone product

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
2012 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite
Review category
review #778363

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keystone Rv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 17 #1213908 Oceanside, California

Who would buy something that risks leaking every 30 days. That's crazy. Do your research before purchasing. You likely would have found others that got wet willie'd.

0 0 Reply

Mar 29 #1135867

It is a real shame this happened. I'm a retired truck technician and one thing I know for sure, if proper preventive maintenance isn't performed, things can go south real fast. What I'm saying is if you didn't take care of the roof PM then it is on you, I find it interesting that the dealer never told you about regular roof inspections, he should have, and that is one way service departments stay in business by doing PM work. One thing I try to do with anything I purchase is to find out everything I can about maintaining it.

2 1 Reply

Mar 12 #1126018

The roof warranty clearly states that you must inspect your roof every 6 months. I inspect mine every 1 month.
I'm sorry for your issue but it is clearly your fault and not Keystone's for not inspecting the roof regularly. Why is it the dealer's responsibility to tell you about your camper? How about a little personal responsibility?

2 2 Reply

Feb 16 #1112542

Yes idiots, reading is fundamental. Read your owners manual about normal maintenance; read your extended warranty coverage and exclusions also. When you buy a car, do you expect the dealer to tell you to keep air in the tires, gas in the tank, and check the oil? For the life of me I can not understand how many of you have made it in life this long without killing yourself being so ***. IT IS YOUR FAULT. Caulk is a maintenance item. Pretty standard on anything in the world which use's caulk.

2 2 Reply

Feb 20 #1115175

You sound like a mental case, pretty worked up. You're probably the *** that built the piece of junk someone paid good money for.

0 1 Reply

Feb 12 #1111069 Lakewood Township, New Jersey

Exactly sam problem here Im out 24000...
2013 coleman, keystone! after 1 year, camping world wont honor warranty neither will keystone and good sam is a joke!

3 3 Reply

May 06 #1155147

IT WAS INSpected it was in Cramping worlds shop for 3 months prior for leaks... It says Visual inspection, it LEAKS, I did visuals, Cramping world put so much caulk up there you cant see under it. so inspectin all you want unless you put it in a rain tunnel you cant tell its leaking internally. KEYSTONE has a Documented issue with shor sheetint the roof on several of the models, and it takes vehement argument if not total reckless abandon to get the mfs to do anything, Ive got a E mail clearly instructing the Customer service agent to string me along till the warranty expires...

1 0 Reply

Feb 07 #1107841

Just FYI, all RV roofs need to be inspected and maintained several times per year. Everthing from the lowest priced to the top of the line luxury rvs need maintenance or problems will show up such as yours. It is in the owners manual that should have come with the trailer at purchase.

4 4 Reply

Jan 29 #1103069

***...just bought a used 2012 Passport Ultra Lite GT. What is the model number pictured? How and where did you first notice the water leak? Thanks for posting this!!

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keystone Rv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Keystone Rv.
Filing a new complaint about