John P Rmp

| map-marker Goshen, Indiana

2017 Keystone Bullet - Black mold both sides.

Keystone RV - 2017 Keystone Bullet - Black mold both sides.

I bought this trailer new in 2017, it was well maintained and used for weekend getaways in my province. Last year, I noticed the bathroom floor and an area around a heating duct were soft.

When I lifted the vinyl flooring, I discovered 2/3 of the bathroom floor was covered in wet, black mould. The floor of this vehicle is 1/4 plywood on top, with 2" of Styrofoam, then another 1/4 inch of what looks like MDF and a membrane on the exterior. This is all that separates the inside from the outside. There is no protective barrier to prevent rocks or sticks from piercing the membrane.

When I removed the top layer and Styrofoam, I noticed the mould was worse underneath. TO be clear, there was not a toilet leak, sink leak or a tub leak. The moisture appears to be coming from underneath. I eventually realised that I could determine the damage by feeling underneath of the out sides of the trailer.

The entire back 2/3 of the trailer is soft underneath on both sides! This trailer has a one piece rubber roof, that appears to be in good shape, and I regularly inspected it.

I suspect the water got in from underneath, as I've driven the trailer in the rain a few times over the years.

You can see from the picture, that the blackest mould is at the bottom to the right of the door. Also, note the moisture is not coming from the toilet, at 12:00 in the picture.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Seemed to have the features i wanted
Cons:
  • Poorly designed and executed there were may small quality things

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy one of these trailers and check any that you DO buy to see if there is any underside protection in the wheel wells.

Eric R Koa

| map-marker Goshen, Indiana

I have owned my passport camper for almost a year and have used it 2 days.

Keystone RV - I have owned my passport camper for almost a year and have used it 2 days.
First, the refrigerator wouldn't cool below 45 degrees. The RV dealership had it for a month. The screen door was completely out of the door jamb. I returned the camper again and the refrigerator was replaced but had a dent in the door and the control panel was not operational. Another month passed. Now the air conditioner is not working. I went to unlock the door and the lock is broken. I have owned this camper for almost a year and have only used it for two days. The customer service is unsatisfactory. I haven't even used any of the appliances yet and Keystone won't extend my warranty.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Junk

User's recommendation: Avoid

Keystone RV - KEYSTONE IS A GARBAGE PRUDUCT - Image 3
Keystone RV - KEYSTONE IS A GARBAGE PRUDUCT - Image 4
Keystone RV - KEYSTONE IS A GARBAGE PRUDUCT - Image 5
Keystone RV - KEYSTONE IS A GARBAGE PRUDUCT - Image 6

We bought this 2022 KEYSTONE HIDEOUT 26BHWE in 2023. I've had nothing but problems with this trailer.

We had leaks in the underbelly where the insulation was wet, AC leaking as well. Very *** workmen ship on the inside. Just noticed a few days ago that the roof membrane is starting to lift, caulking is separating at the corners of the RV. I could go on and on.

Used it 3 time total, and it's been at the dealer more than I use it.

Bringing it back to the dealer next week to have stuff fixed from last year, and then with a new list from doing an inspection after the winter. At least the Dealership is good

Pros:
  • Overall look of trailer

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do Not Buy

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are sorry for the experience that you've had with your Hideout and the experience you've had thus far.

In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information. You may reach us Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm & Fridays 9am - 4pm, all times EST Our Customer Care Team contact information is 1-866-425-**** Thank You.

KeystoneRV1

Good Afternoon, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your unit.

We would like to be in direct contact with you over these issues so we can assist you in getting this resolved properly under the realm of your warranty. In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information. You may reach us Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm & Fridays 9am - 4pm, all times EST.

Lee J Lze

Keystone RV - Falling apart - Image 4
Keystone RV - Falling apart - Image 5
Keystone RV - Falling apart - Image 6
Updated by user Feb 25, 2024

Well got front jacks replaced.and awning arms replaced. The gfi circuit on one side of the trailer only works with tv and nothing else can be plug in.

There is a leak when it rains in the bedroom comes out from under the wall. Still a pile of junk.

Original review Dec 15, 2023

The refrigerator came loose from the wall and slid out and fell down, the awnings shocks would not collapse and bent the bars, there is a water leak under the pan in the shower, insta hot wont stay hot and the trim in the trailer falling down and the kitchen window broke when sliding open, the love seat broke and the bench for the table broke while sliding across it, so not very happy for the price you pay, the nose cone were it hooks to sides is coming apart and the roof does not meet the sides on the roof and a rv tech said dont go on the roof you will fall thru, so for $43000.00 you dont get quality you get a box on wheels that dont stand up to the keystone name.

When we get back home they can have this pile back. And I will not own another keystone.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks good from a distance
Cons:
  • Very poorly made

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t buy unless you go thru with fine tooth comb

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your unit and that you have not had the best experience so far.

Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-86*-***-****. Thank you!

reply icon Replying to comment of KeystoneRV1

Send me your phone number.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2453224

Why would you like my phone number?

You can call me 307 705 ****

View more comments (3)
Larry Vau

| map-marker Banning, California

Quality

I I'm a retired RV mechanic. I have owned several RVs and worked on them for 20 Years. The quality of the Keystone hideout is the worst quality trader I have ever owned. And that's saying a lot. And I'm sad to say that. Keystone used to make a nice treader. They just need to step up and do the right thing. People will pay the money for a quality product. Ps I did purchase this second hand ,but they Only use it twice. That should have been their first red flag. Sorry about that.

User's recommendation: Do your research and double check it twice, even 3 times

Resolved
Mollie H Uah

Resolved: Bad quality

Keystone RV - Bad quality
Updated by user Apr 28, 2024

They worked with me to get my issues resolved in a professional and friendly way. I am satisfied and thankful that a different team member, Tyler, listened to me, helped me and worked along my side to get it resolved. Thank you!.

Original review Mar 19, 2024
I would not recommend Keystone to anyone! We purchased a hideout and in 1.5 years water is leaking in.

I was told it had to be maintained and checked every 3-6 months. We sealed our other used camper and its been 5 years with no leaks. We can seal better than a manufacturer? They are awful and cheap made.

Customer service could only say they understand my frustrations that they have to maintain their house. I understand that and maintain mine but 1.5 years its leaking? Camping world wants $1200 to fix? Give me a break!

Im not paying every 1.5 years for this kind of work! I DO MOT RECOMMEND!
Cons:
  • Cheap built
  • Not a good warranty

Preferred solution: My roof fixed

User's recommendation: None do not buy

KeystoneRV1

Good Afternoon, We are sorry for the experience you've had in regards to the seals on your trailer. I can confirm that we do ask the seals to be checked, maintained and resealed as needed during those inspections.

However I have reviewed the attached documents to your post and can clearly see that there are some voids in the sealant. We would like to be in direct contact with you over these issues so we can assist you in getting this resolved properly under the realm of your warranty.

In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information and use reference number #1451 Our Customer Care Specialist team can be contacted at 1-866-425-**** provide them the reference number and they will get you to the correct contact. Thank You

Larry Vau

| map-marker Banning, California

Quality of product

Poor plumbing floor countertops, pour quality of fit and finish. Reporting comes to the floor there's large holes to the outside. The quality of the construction is very, very poor. And this is coming from a RV mechanic retired Keystone used to be a quality RV manufacturer back in the day. I don't know what app.

User's recommendation: Do you research

Lee J Lze

Trailer is falling apart

Keystone RV - Trailer is falling apart
Keystone RV - Trailer is falling apart - Image 2
Keystone RV - Trailer is falling apart - Image 3
Keystone RV - Trailer is falling apart - Image 4

We left Washington state heading to Arizona in brand new 2023 keystone outback. The a/c cover blew off the fender loss the screws bent backwards, the trim around outside door blew off .

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good looking from a distance
Cons:
  • No quality checks during assembly of this rv

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Look it over real good and make sure you have a warranty

CHall H

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Goshen, Indiana

RV is of the lowest quality despite high price

Keystone RV - RV is of the lowest quality despite high price

We purchased this RV in February of 2023. To date it has 73 deficiencies.

Not only is this RV slapped together with little to no regard for quality the company does not stand behind their product and will happily and shamelessly take your money. They indicate a true approach to customer service in the beginning and say all the right things until its time to get stuff done. Our service person at keystone hasnt answered a single email in weeks and since there is an owners dedicated email one would think that would help but it doesnt. The last conversation I had with them was to advise me Id missed some of their small print (their words) and that they dont cover mobile visits to fix warranty issues even if they are emergency (like the full underbelly of our RV flooding due to water leaks).

Do yourself a favour stay away from Keystone. They arent the company they used to be.

Oh and dont ask to speak to a manager because they apparently dont have any. SHAMEFUL 73 DEFICIENCIES AND COUNTING!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • Bad customer service
  • Slapped together
  • No accountability

Preferred solution: Customer service for this issues we have encountered!! And an apology for selling us junk dressed up as quality!!

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Update the microwave which is over $1000 to replace and 1 year and 31 days old just died out of nowhere. Not covered under manufacturer warranty.

Thank god we spent thousands on extended warranty (which covered it after a fight). Nothing good to see here!!

Same experience here.

map-marker Parker, Colorado

Full time living not really an option

I am a full-timer in a 4 climate environment. I bought new in 2015ureBeBe and have a 3130 RL 5th wheel.

I stay full time at a resort and will be getting out for good.

Facts: if you consider full-time, be sure to understand climate. These units DO NOT insulate well at all. If the temp is above 82 or drops below 30 then forget it. The AC runs in the summer all the time just to keep up, and winter is just as bad if outside drops below 30.

Single pane glass, and thin walls. It's just a simple math that thin walls do NOT protect from the elements.

Keystone Montana is poor quality. Have replaced, water pump, fridge, HW tank, AC unit, numerous water lines. shower and tub was a joke.

Tore it out and completely re built shower after removing all the mold.

The AC duct had over a gallon of sawdust in the duct, as the manufacturer NEVER cleaned or tested the AC unit.

Please be careful when deciding to own and live in one full-time.

if your super handy, then most or all repairs can be done by you.

DONT FORGET-rents at RV parks have skyrocketed in last 4 years.

I was paying 400/ month in 2016 and now pay over $1000.00 per month. Be careful, most parks are going up.

User's recommendation: Do careful research, understand climate considerations

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are sorry for the experience that you've had with your Fifth Wheel and the experience you've had thus far.

Dee J Pob

Verified Buyer

This Keystone Arcdia is a piece of crap

Keystone RV - This Keystone Arcdia is a piece of crap

Camping world in Tyler, Texas is a joke. They were too busy trying to get off work Friday afternoon for the service dept to explain anything about this 5th wheel.

The fiasco with the leveling jacks was priceless. Since they didn't explain how to reset for a new area. I called the service dept and was told we were 10 miles over where they could service. After raising a holy *** fit, they sent someone out here.

That issue fixed, oh, but it doesn't end there. The problems keep coming. I use this camper for working out of town, I can't drop everything and take it to their service department every time something goes wrong. Ongoing water leaks, ac issues, they did not tighten anything that uses water, I had too, now the refrigerator, oh and the damn bar fell off.

I am really regretting buying this thing. Getting any help from anyone that has anything to do with this camper is pointless. They got their money, so screw you! Again, I would not use Camping World ever again or Keystone.

Norcold is a joke too. Ok, rant over for now.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks nice
Cons:
  • Nothing works like it should

Preferred solution: Repairs made where I am located.

User's recommendation: Check everything with a fine tooth comb, make them explain everything, even if it sounds stupid.

Guest

This cracks me up. They give the same call center BS number 3 times here. They still won't fix it.

KeystoneRV1

Good Evening, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your unit along with what your experience has been so far.

KeystoneRV1

Good Afternoon, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your unit along with what your experience has been so far.

Our Customer Care Team's phone number is 1-866-425-****. Thank you!

KeystoneRV1

Our Customer Care Team's phone number is 1-866-425-****. Thank you!

View more comments (3)
Marie E Gnn

$90,000 Alpine with broke frame

Very disappointed with Keystone! Taking peoples hard earned money and selling crap!

I have a 2021 Alpine & immediately experienced problems! living area wall started bubbling, found out it had water damage. Keystone gave many excuses but dealership fixed because Keystone would not. Had crack in front slide appear when slide would not work.

Got slide fixed only to find out our frame is broke. Not safe to tow to manufacturer however Keystone is stalling on giving Camping World any answer! Been at CW 2 months now and Keystone wont make a decision! My warranty expires in May!

Contacted a lawyer and our state consumers complaint and fraud department.

Handing it over to them to handle! Buyers beware!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Beautiful design and floor plans
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service and horrible built product

Preferred solution: Replace my unsafe damaged camper

User's recommendation: Do not buy and research before you do!

Guest

That's the same number I've been calling since 12/23. RV still hasn't been approved for repairs.

They just keep trying to wear their customers down. Their warranty sucks.

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning Marie, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post regarding the issues you have had with your unit. We are so sorry to hear that you are having these issues along with what your experience has been so far.

In an attempt to review all details, please contact us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information. You may reach us Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm & Fridays 9am - 4pm, all times EST. Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-866-425-****.

You can also send us a PM directly on Facebook as well. Thank you!

reply icon Replying to comment of KeystoneRV1

And then you can wait,..and wait,...and wait some more. Because that's what Keystone does.

They try to wear the consumer down until they decide to fix it themself and pay for it. Mines been sitting at a repair facility that they recommended for 3 weeks now waiting for them to approve repairs on a Brand New RV!

APPROVE! a New RV shouldn't have to wait for warranty approval.

Marie E Gnn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2488825

I agree with you! This is absolutely uncalled for and it is very disheartening!

reply icon Replying to comment of Marie E Gnn

Good morning Marie. We are sorry to hear this, we are willing to look into your file for you, and stand ready to assist.

However, we will need you to send Keystone RV your VIN.

You can either contact us at 866-425-****, email us at ownerrelations@***.com or you can send us a Facebook PM with the information! Thank you!

View more comments (4)
Resolved
David H Jal

Resolved: Electrical Issue with 2024 Keystone Avalanche 390DS

I recently purchased a 2024 Keystone Avalanche 5th wheel. Shortly after getting my rv to our home base I noticed that my refrigerator kept shutting off.

After investigating I noticed that many of my outlets stoped working. I reset the gfi outlet in the bathroom which reset all off the outlets that had tripped. This has happened several times since I purchased 5th wheel less than three weeks ago. Took to dealer service department last week to repair issue.

They repaired issue based on manufacturers recommended fix. Less than 24 hrs after repairs the issue has occurred twice.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue previously?

We are full-timers so having rv in shop multiple times is not only an inconvenience, but not feasible for our situation. The nearest dealer is located an hour from our home base and school.

Pros:
  • Very stylish and lots of space great features
Cons:
  • Issues with quality of materials and equipment

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buyer beware. Understand rvs have there issues and things happen. Seems that this rv and manufacture has its fair share of noted issues.

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having electrical issues with your unit and would like to ensure you get the proper assistance needed.

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

Fox & Miles - full-time RV travelers talk about their experience of living in RV, share advice on how to choose the RV, plan the camping trip, give tips on how to shop while Rving and avoid common problems.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

Dawn C Ilc

| map-marker Las Cruces, New Mexico

I want Keystone to take accountability for their product.

Original review Dec 13, 2023

We bought a brand spankin new Fuzion. Beautiful trailer...AWFUL workmanship!

On our first outing the fuel dock would not work. My husband fixed it to his liking. There was a recall for it. We took it in and we still have issues with it.

Then one of the fenders fell off as we were traveling down the highway. We replaced that on our dime. We had electrical problems with a lot of the lighting. We couldn't get the outside light over the door to turn off.

We had neighbors in an rv park complain that the light was shining in their bedroom. We had to fix that by putting duct tape over it. There is a hallway light that just goes on and off whenever. We find screws all the time not knowing where they are coming from.

We live In AZ so we don't use the heater much. When we did our inspection the heater turned on and it was warm. When we did have to use it, it turned on, got warm, turned off and never turned on again. Of course it was no longer under warranty so we had to replace the computer board.

Our dime again. Guess what? It still didn't work! The computer board got burnt again!

Come to find out it was due to faulty wiring! Keystone should have paid for both computer boards and labor, but would only pay for the second round. After coming home from an outing my husband notices a crack on the outside of the bedroom slide out! Thank goodness this was still covered by the warranty.

The rv was in the shop for at least a month getting this fixed. The worst thing happened on our last outing. As we were driving down the highway a trucker pulled up next to us to tell us our tires were smoking. We pulled over to find out that a leaf spring hanger snapped causing one of the tires to shift and was rubbing together.

We were lucky it didn't start on fire. It was late Saturday. My husband rigged it up to get us to the nearest truck stop. We were lucky to find a shop open on a Sunday to fix it to get us home.

When we contacted Keystone we were told it didn't fall under their warranty. We would have to contact the company that made the trailer frame! What??? They did reimburse us for the cost of getting it fixed to get us home.

It still needed a permanent fix and we were out 2 tires! When we got home we also noticed that the stickers on the front of the trailer are peeling off. When we asked about replacing that, we were told it was not covered under the warranty...of course not! The back sliding doors are also faulty.

The door slides fell off and had to be replaced. Trim pieces keep falling off. It is so sad and maddening that we spent soooo much money on this trailer and it is falling apart before our very eyes! We have talked numerous times with Keystone and have gotten no where.

They have not tried to make any of this right. We have owned numerous trailers and have NEVER experienced the problems we have with this trailer. We would never recommend any Keystone trailer and will never purchase another Keystone. Shame on you Keystone!

At least make some kind of effort. Your customer service needs a lot of help.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice floor plan
Cons:
  • Quality of product
  • Craftsmanship and parts
  • Customer service was horrible

Preferred solution: Keystone needs to be accountable. Fix what needs to be fixed. Stand behind their product.

User's recommendation: Don't do it!

KeystoneRV1

Good Morning, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your unit along with what your experience has been so far.

Mirna Chn

Hii

map-marker Boise, Idaho

Poor quality and workmanship Keystone Hideout

We purchased a Keystone Hideout onFeb. 12 2023.

We had issues since we went on our first camping trip. Issues like water leaks, AC not working & electric water . Slided out leaking, cabinets contact paper peeling off, propane hose coming apart, caulking bad, stiching on chairs coming apart, in floor vents garbage inside vents. Still finding more problems with it.

Worst trailer we have ever bought. Had a Jayco for 7 years no problems.

User's recommendation: Check out quality and workmanship first, also warranty on it.

reply icon Replying to comment of KeystoneRV1

We bought $100k fifth wheel in Feb and have regretted every minute.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2407390

Couldn’t agree more with this review. And all keystone wants to do is send you to the nearest dealer and make you pay upfront for stuff you “may” be reimbursed for. Whoever builds these campers was obviously high during production.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2427443

Good morning, Thank you for your feedback. The good news is that we have a process in place, and when followed, we can advise on pre-approvals for work completed.

So you know what you WILL be reimbursed in advance if you choose to select a non-authorized party to repair. Our dealerships submit in advance and are pre-approved as well. The only time a customer has pay out of pocket and there MAY be a variation on what is reimbursed or not, is when the process isn't followed.

For more information about Keystone's DIY program, and our Mobile Service Process, please contact us at 1-866-425-****. Thank you!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2407390

Us too! We purchased a Keystone Alpine in August for $100k and it has been nothing but a nightmare. I wouldn't own another one if they gave me ten of the worthless things!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2478933

They now have these DIY video's. Because they don't want to pay for the labor to fix their new warrantied RV's.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2407390

Getting the same run around from their warranty dept. That phone number is customer service, which is useless.

reply icon Replying to comment of KeystoneRV1

This is a generic response to all their complaints. And there are many.

That's the same customer service number they want everyone to call. You get a different person every time, it's a big call center.

Why do they have a call center? because they get so many complaint calls they need one.

View more comments (7)
Gary C Zfm

Extremely Poor Trailer Extremmely Poor Dealership

Every time we try to use this trailer the hydraulic system fails and it will not slide at all nor can you get back off or on your truck.Contacted the dealer they said sorry grease it so stupid.This trailer is less than a year old and is junk dont buy a Keystone Alpine Bad Trailers Bad warranty and the dealer Bailey Tolliver Rv is worse than terrible

Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Trailer

I’ve got a 22 avalanche at BT in Victoria with a broke frame

KeystoneRV1

Good Evening Gary, Keystone RV has recently reviewed your post. We sincerely do apologize for the issues you are having along with what your experience has been so far.

In an attempt to review all details, please get in touch with us directly with the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information. You may reach us Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm & Fridays 9am - 4pm, all times EST. Our Owner Relations Team number is 1-866-425-****.

You can also PM us directly on Facebook. Thank you!