Featured Not resolved

Update by user Sep 06

Was advised by my dealership that keystone has agreed to replace 3 of the 4 roofs and gear motors that are leaking. Was also advised that keystone agreed to cover all other warranty issues we addressed with the dealership.

The service manager at our dealership advised us that they didn't want to interrupt our vacation so the 5th wheel is scheduled to go in for repairs around the first week of October. Tentative resolution will be at that time.

Original review posted by user Aug 07

Keystone RV has a KNOWN ISSUE and is still selling them. The slideout accuators and gearboxes seep grease onto the slideout roofs causing the roof membrane to bubble up.

Then when the slide out is run out it catches and pulls or tears the roof membrane. Keystones fix is to put a drip pan under the gearboxes and patch the bubbled area on the roof. How can a patch last any length of time if it is constantly being run over a slide out seal. Eventually it's going to tear or pull back up if the seal is working properly.

After speaking with Keystone they said the most they would do is patch the affected area.

This is a brand new camper. They should make be replacing these affected roofs and making them whole again....

Product or Service Mentioned: Keystone Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Thank you for the review. I was going to purchase one until I read this!!!! Whew!

EconomicSnowyOwl598

Oh no I'm hoping my slideout doesn't do what yours did.