Keystone Rv - So disappointed in our 2014 Keystone Springdale 311REGL travel trailer...
We have had RV for 141 days.Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop.
Closed vent blew off first trip. We stuffed towels in the opening because it was raining. Rain gave us a chance to see the rain gutter wasn't working. 2nd trip water leak soaked bedroom floor, the underbelly and insulation.
Service "fixed" and said water would dry. It did - deformed underbelly and useless insulation. And there is a nasty odor now that we cannot get out. Third trip (each trip was after picking up trailer from service dept) siding came loose - more speed equaled more bowing.
We took it back for service. At the time we dropped it off we requested additional items be repaired: tack down carpet, tack trim above couch, fix cupboard door that would not shut, replace seal on outside storage door as well as repair the rain gutter and siding which was supposed to be resolved the last service time. We were told the gutter was installed improperly and not fixable. We also showed them how the trailer leaned even on a level surface.
We were assured that would be taken care of. Three weeks later we were told the RV was ready to be picked up. The only thing they had tended to was the trim above the couch. (and someone had urinated in our toilet and left it!) Service sent someone out to clean the toilet.
We watched while they did the needed repairs in the parking lot! We took our trailer home and packed it for our three week trip up the coastline from CA to WA. The trim that had just been repaired was coming off! (picture) We were finally fed up and called the factory.
Factory gave permission to repair ourselves without voiding the warranty. We left for our trip. 75 miles down the road the siding began to bow. Again!
Called the dealer. Told us to duct tape it.... (picture) We drove another 50 miles to a Walmart store to buy duct tape and noticed the foot plate on the trailer jack was now missing! We dry-camped several days during our trip.
One day the pump would not shut off. Looked like maybe a dead short - all battery lights were on when pump was off; only one on when pump was on. We also experienced major leaks in the kitchen. The factory is aware of all of these issues but states they will warranty them.
The dealer will not take responsibility either - "We didn't build it; we sold it." We are concerned that the trailer will roll one day on our travels if we continue to use it. The ball is gouged deeply on one side and one of the 10,000 pound bars on the hitch is bent. I sent an email to Nick at the factory. He did not respond.
We have talked at great length numerous times to Nick, Sandy, Laurie, Dan, Cory all at the factory. We have been assured by each of these individuals that this is not how they do customer service. I have called every day the last three days. Each time being assured that the supervisor would call.
He has not.We will continue to try and get our money back and we will never purchase another Keystone product again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Keystone Springdale
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It's a shame that Keystone claims a quality product and produces an inferior one. A big complaint (of many) I have are the tires they put on the so-called Luxury..."
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "I would Never buy or recommend buying a Keystone/Dutchman product again! I have been in contact with Keystone "Customer" service (what a Joke) for the past month with a lemon..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "Everything started at November 7, 2014 when I decided to send 300 USD to my sister in Brazil. I went to the US Bank Agency to make the transfer. The..."
- "TOOK POSSESSION IN AUG 2016 ONE 600 MILE ROUND TRIP AND ON MY WAY TO THE DEALER IN SPOKANE WA . DROVE IT TO WORK WAS EATING LUNCH..."
- "This month i needed drive tires on my dump truck and happen to be at a local salvage yard buying a wiper motor and found these tires in the pictures..."