We have had RV for 141 days.Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop.
Closed vent blew off first trip. We stuffed towels in the opening because it was raining. Rain gave us a chance to see the rain gutter wasn't working. 2nd trip water leak soaked bedroom floor, the underbelly and insulation.
Service "fixed" and said water would dry. It did - deformed underbelly and useless insulation. And there is a nasty odor now that we cannot get out. Third trip (each trip was after picking up trailer from service dept) siding came loose - more speed equaled more bowing.
We took it back for service. At the time we dropped it off we requested additional items be repaired: tack down carpet, tack trim above couch, fix cupboard door that would not shut, replace seal on outside storage door as well as repair the rain gutter and siding which was supposed to be resolved the last service time. We were told the gutter was installed improperly and not fixable. We also showed them how the trailer leaned even on a level surface.
We were assured that would be taken care of. Three weeks later we were told the RV was ready to be picked up. The only thing they had tended to was the trim above the couch. (and someone had urinated in our toilet and left it!) Service sent someone out to clean the toilet.
We watched while they did the needed repairs in the parking lot! We took our trailer home and packed it for our three week trip up the coastline from CA to WA. The trim that had just been repaired was coming off! (picture) We were finally fed up and called the factory.
Factory gave permission to repair ourselves without voiding the warranty. We left for our trip. 75 miles down the road the siding began to bow. Again!
Called the dealer. Told us to duct tape it.... (picture) We drove another 50 miles to a Walmart store to buy duct tape and noticed the foot plate on the trailer jack was now missing! We dry-camped several days during our trip.
One day the pump would not shut off. Looked like maybe a dead short - all battery lights were on when pump was off; only one on when pump was on. We also experienced major leaks in the kitchen. The factory is aware of all of these issues but states they will warranty them.
The dealer will not take responsibility either - "We didn't build it; we sold it." We are concerned that the trailer will roll one day on our travels if we continue to use it. The ball is gouged deeply on one side and one of the 10,000 pound bars on the hitch is bent. I sent an email to Nick at the factory. He did not respond.
We have talked at great length numerous times to Nick, Sandy, Laurie, Dan, Cory all at the factory. We have been assured by each of these individuals that this is not how they do customer service. I have called every day the last three days. Each time being assured that the supervisor would call.
He has not.We will continue to try and get our money back and we will never purchase another Keystone product again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Keystone Springdale
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- "Recently while cleaning the yard near my Keystone RV, I sent a piece of pea gravel into the passenger side rear glass. I called the local dealer where I..."
- "So not only did it take 3+ months to get here but it also came in the wrong size. Just opened it up and looked at how BIG they are...."
- "This month i needed drive tires on my dump truck and happen to be at a local salvage yard buying a wiper motor and found these tires in the pictures..."
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."