3.1K views 2 comments

We have had RV for 141 days.Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop.

Related: Keystone Rv - Keystone Montana Junk

Closed vent blew off first trip. We stuffed towels in the opening because it was raining. Rain gave us a chance to see the rain gutter wasn't working. 2nd trip water leak soaked bedroom floor, the underbelly and insulation.

Service "fixed" and said water would dry. It did - deformed underbelly and useless insulation. And there is a nasty odor now that we cannot get out. Third trip (each trip was after picking up trailer from service dept) siding came loose - more speed equaled more bowing.

We took it back for service. At the time we dropped it off we requested additional items be repaired: tack down carpet, tack trim above couch, fix cupboard door that would not shut, replace seal on outside storage door as well as repair the rain gutter and siding which was supposed to be resolved the last service time. We were told the gutter was installed improperly and not fixable. We also showed them how the trailer leaned even on a level surface.

We were assured that would be taken care of. Three weeks later we were told the RV was ready to be picked up. The only thing they had tended to was the trim above the couch. (and someone had urinated in our toilet and left it!) Service sent someone out to clean the toilet.

We watched while they did the needed repairs in the parking lot! We took our trailer home and packed it for our three week trip up the coastline from CA to WA. The trim that had just been repaired was coming off! (picture) We were finally fed up and called the factory.

Factory gave permission to repair ourselves without voiding the warranty. We left for our trip. 75 miles down the road the siding began to bow. Again!

Called the dealer. Told us to duct tape it.... (picture) We drove another 50 miles to a Walmart store to buy duct tape and noticed the foot plate on the trailer jack was now missing! We dry-camped several days during our trip.

One day the pump would not shut off. Looked like maybe a dead short - all battery lights were on when pump was off; only one on when pump was on. We also experienced major leaks in the kitchen. The factory is aware of all of these issues but states they will warranty them.

The dealer will not take responsibility either - "We didn't build it; we sold it." We are concerned that the trailer will roll one day on our travels if we continue to use it. The ball is gouged deeply on one side and one of the 10,000 pound bars on the hitch is bent. I sent an email to Nick at the factory. He did not respond.

We have talked at great length numerous times to Nick, Sandy, Laurie, Dan, Cory all at the factory. We have been assured by each of these individuals that this is not how they do customer service. I have called every day the last three days. Each time being assured that the supervisor would call.

He has not.We will continue to try and get our money back and we will never purchase another Keystone product again.

Review about: 2014 Keystone Springdale.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Keystone Rv Rv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $35000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Keystone Rv?

Comments

Elkhart, Indiana, United States #908286

I worked in RV factories for years...the fast paced cheap material are to blame here...they build many of these in a single day...most companies will allow you to come to the factory and watch your unit being built (not sure about keystone as i never worked there)...if your serious about a quality check into Augusta RVs LUX...it's amazing and built with the same quality as your everyday home...i am no longer in the RV industry (commercial construction now) but have witnessed the craftsmanship in these units...best wishes...

Buzzman

Thans all of u Keystone off our list any suggestions????