1.1

Bought camper new 6 months later stapes pushing up on roof membrane. Dear says this is a problem and will eventually pop through.

Call keystone they say this is normal in one sentence and the next is they will put a vent over and that will fix it.

One problem there is approx 12-15 coming up. Had a camper previous to this keystone mt high country and NEVER had any problems in first 4 years and this one falling apart and quality is terrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Keystone Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

My Alpine has the exact same issue. I towed it to Indiana and meet with the Director of Customer Service for Keystone.

I too was told it is only cosmetic and that it was considered “acceptable build quality”. Read the owners manual. There is a specific statement about stapes, screws, and wood chips between the decking and roof membrane: “It is a part of the normal build process and is generally not a concern”. I call B.S.

of that. I have come to understand what most of those staples poking up are. They are what are referred to as “shiners”, staples that missed the underlying roof trusses and aren’t stapled into anything but the decking plywood. They back out over time and poke up as shown in the pictures.

My roof has several of them. I know that is what they are as I pulled down the interior skylight over the shower to see how to route a satellite antenna cable and could see several staples that missed the truss in that area. My roof also has plenty of just plain debris that was obviously not cleaned off the decking before the membrane was laid down. The total disregard for basic principles of workmanship is appalling.

Don’t buy Keystone. Don’t buy Thor products in general.

Mine is only 8months old same problem dealer said needs new roof kestone said its cosmetic .i hope people will see these post and stay away from keystone

They will not put a vent over that area. Our first monty had same issue so that is what we requested they do in case it came on thru.

They refused. Said they would document it and if it came thru they would address it at that time. We should have stayed with a forrest river product. At least they TRY to fix things.

Highly disgusted with keystone. Bought a brand new toy hauler, it’s been to dealership 3 times in Jackson Tn and still hasn’t been fixed.

As a matter of fact it’s there now. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!